One of the most popular ‘eat streets’ in Coffs Harbour is what the locals call the ‘Jetty Strip’. What makes it so popular is the wide variety of restaurants and cafés to choose from and the laid-back vibe due to its proximity to the beach and harbour. There are so many choices that you can just go there and make a last-minute decision what and where you want to eat.
Below is a complete list of all the eateries along and close to the Coffs Harbour Jetty Strip of restaurants. I’ve listed each of their specialties, their phone numbers and a link to their website, if they have one, or Facebook page. There are more than 20 cafés and restaurants all together in the one area.
Where is the Jetty Strip of Restaurants?
The Jetty Strip is at the bottom end of Harbour Drive, Coffs Harbour, just before the road becomes Orlando Street. It’s the stretch of road between Marina Drive and Camperdown Street. See Map. It is opposite the Jetty Village Shopping Centre and near the railway crossing on Marina Drive, which goes to the Jetty Foreshores, Jetty Beach and the Coffs Harbour International Marina. It takes about 3 minutes to drive to the Jetty Strip from the Coffs Harbour CBD along Harbour Drive.
The cafés and restaurants at the Jetty Strip:
Starting from the Pier Hotel at the top of the Jetty Strip, all the way down to Jetty Dive Centre at the bottom, you’ll find the following eateries:
- Waves Bistro at the Pier Hotel (modern pub food) – 356 Harbour Dr – Ph: 6651 8222
- Old John’s (bar, restaurant) – 360 Harbour Dr – Ph: 0431 819 082
- Lime Mexican (Mexican) – 366 Harbour Dr – Ph: 0421 573 570
- Maria’s Restaurant (Italian) – 368 Harbour Dr – Ph: 6651 3000
- Cold Rock Ice Creamery (Ice cream, coffee, cake) – 372 Harbour Dr – Ph: 6652 4999
- Golden Crown Chinese Restaurant (Chinese) – 374 Harbour Dr – Ph: 6651 6787
- Oberoi’s Indian Restaurant (Indian) – 376 Harbour Dr – Ph: 6651 9699
- Element Bar (bar, lounge, casual restaurant) – 382 Harbour Dr – Ph: 6651 6655
- Tandoori Oven (Indian) – 384 Harbour Dr – Ph: 6652 2279
- Urban Espresso Lounge (coffee, modern Australian) – 382 Harbour Dr – Ph: 6651 1989
- Dish and Spoon (specialty coffee, breakfast, lunch) – 384A Harbour Dr – Ph: 0477 600 640
- Tahruah Thai & Vietnamese Restaurant (Thai, Vietnamese) – 388-390 Harbour Dr – Ph: 6651 5992 / 6651 1978
- Sakura Harbour (Japanese) – 392 Harbour Dr – Ph: 5626 5676
- Twenty46 (coffee, breakfast, lunch) – 394 Harbour Dr – Ph: 5615 8227
- Touch of North India (Indian) – 396 Harbour Dr – Ph: 6651 1668
The great thing about these restaurants is that most are nice and casual and offer outdoor seating. (What would make that even greater is if the strip was wider with more space for tables and set further away from the road.)
Other eateries very close to the Coffs Harbour Jetty Strip (within easy walking distance):
- Fiasco Ristorante + Bar (Italian food & wine bar) – 22 Orlando St – Ph: 6651 2006
- Pizza Vino (pizzeria) – Jetty Village Shopping Centre – Ph: 6650 9112
- Sea Salt Jetty (fish & chips) – Jetty Village Shopping Centre – Ph: 6696 3223
- Jetty’s Daily Grind (coffee, breakfast, lunch) – Jetty Village Shopping Centre – Ph: 6651 8880
- Hog’s Breath Café (steak & grill) – Jetty Village Shopping Centre – Ph: 6652 5646
- Y Knot Bistro at the Yacht Club (modern Australian) – 30 Marina Dr – Ph: 6651 1741
- Latitude 30 Restaurant & Bar (modern Australian restaurant, wine bar) – Coffs Harbour Marina – Ph: 6651 6888
- Attitude Burgers (gourmet burgers, bar) – Coffs Harbour Marina – Ph: 6651 5505
- The Galley Cafe/Takeaway (burgers & coffee) – Coffs Harbour Marina – Ph: 6650 0188
- Supply (specialty coffee & bar) – 15 Orlando St – Ph: 6658 0165
- Creekside Café at the Pet Porpoise Pool (casual meals) – 65 Orlando St – Ph: 6659 1911
Opening Hours & Days:
Some of these are only open for breakfast, coffee and lunch until mid-afternoon, while others open for lunch and dinner or for dinner only. Also, some restaurants are closed on certain days (e.g. Sunday and Monday), so it’s worth calling or visiting websites to check opening hours before you plan your meal out.
Changes: Things can change quite quickly in the hospitality scene, so if you know something has changed and would like to send me an update or new information, please email me.
And… bon appétit!